McInnis Minute

Keeping all up to date on all things Ben & Becca and Caeden!

Thursday, March 1, 2007

Tiny Child, Huge God







Today reality has hit both of us. We had our ultrasound appointment this afternoon and it was truly amazing. Our child is 2.4 centimeters long and has a heartbeat. We know because we saw it! But what is truly amazing is that the Lord already knew all about our child. He has known from the beginning. He doesn't need to see a picture because He is right now carefully and lovingly forming everything about this child from little hands and feet to the sound of her laugh or the way he will cry. We could not ask for a more loving, protecting creator to be watching over our child.

It was so surreal... for a split second while the doctor was looking for the baby we thought she might not find him/her... but she did- and it was incredible. We are so excited and so thankful to the giver of all good gifts! We are also thankful for all the prayers and all the conversations and advice that all of you have offered. Please continue to pray for us and for our child... hopefully this blog will be a great resource to help you keep up with us and to pray.

"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there were none of them. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! If I would count hem, they are more than the sand. I awake, and I am still with you." Psalm 139:12-18

5 Comments:

Blogger Martin Graham said...

Hey guys! Welcome to the world of blogging! This will save you guys a lot of writing, especially with a little one on the way.

March 2, 2007 at 6:51 AM  
Blogger Always_in_awe said...

Wow! You guys are going to be having a baby! Congratulations!!

March 2, 2007 at 7:45 AM  
Blogger Nicole Wilson Conley said...

gosh! i am weeping right now! thank you Father for Ben and Becca... so glad the news is out!

love you both so much!
~nicole

March 2, 2007 at 8:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We are so excited for this wonderful blessing of parenthood for you! It is the miracle of life that gives us that bigger picture of who God is and His love for us. Now the only thing is that we are too young to be grandparents!!! My favorite verse today is Rom. !!:33-36 "Oh the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable His judgements and His paths are beyond tracing out..." love to you both, Mom and Dad Jones

March 9, 2007 at 10:45 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

So sweet!!! I love you guys and look forward to the months ahead as the Lord continues to work and move in your lives and in this little life being formed and woven inside!! Let us continue to marvel at HIS greatness!! Let me know how i can be of any help to you!

March 13, 2007 at 10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home