McInnis Minute

Keeping all up to date on all things Ben & Becca and Caeden!

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Okay so I am a horrible blogger....

...But here is an update!

Well I know that it has been a long time since our last real update on Caeden but he is continually growing and changing every day! He has recently conquered the art of sitting up on his own! He loves to play on the floor and is so happy that he is not laying flat on his back. This week has been really good for him as he has played on his own in his room for at least an hour every day! What a great thing for mom! I have really seen him transforming into a little boy this week instead of a little baby. While I know that he IS still a baby, I have seen more and more mannerisms of a kid. It is crazy to think that almost 7 months ago he was a helpless little newborn and now he can sit up and play and babble and eat real (almost) food! This is how I left Caeden playing in his room on Monday:


As you can see he was having a great time playing with his toys! Well I came in maybe 30-45 minutes later because that babbles and talking and laughing had subsided a bit and I wanted to make sure that he was still okay. Here is what I found:


Yes, that is a TAG from one of his toys that he was enamored with! He had fallen backwards onto his boppy (which normally elicits at least an unhappy babble) and was just happy and content to be chewing on the tag of his toy. It is amusing to see what babies find fascinating!

He has also been taking really good naps this week! pretty much 1.5-2 hour naps twice a day! For Caeden this is amazing considering he has never been one to nap during the day. We are constantly working on his sleeping issues, especially at night lately, so this has been really encouraging for me to see some improvement, even if it is not at night. We are praying that the Lord will guide us in the right way to teach Caeden to sleep at night as we have reservations about letting him "cry it out." It is wearying to continually have interrupted sleep (especially since he did at one time sleep through the night!), but we are perservering through it by the grace of God!

In other news, Ben is nearing the end of his school semester which will be awesome when he is done with all these papers! It has been very busy lately and hard to keep up with everything but there is a light at the end of the tunnel! At least until next semester. Anyway, we are enjoying the nice sunny weather lately as it gives us an opportunity to get outside and do some different things! I hope it stays cool for a while but who knows!

1 Comments:

Blogger Anna E said...

Ben & Becca,
Hope you see this (and remember me :)! I was just thinking about you guys while surfing the net and came across your blog. I can't seem to find your contact information so I thought I'd just post here. WOW--How incredible to see and read how much has changed with you since we last saw each other! Congratulations on your very handsome son, Caedon! He seems like such a wonderful baby and I'm so happy for you both :) Our son, Isaac, is turning two this Saturday (yikes). He's been an immeasurable blessing to us and is such a ray of sunshine. We also just had a beautiful little girl, Josephine Grace, seven weeks ago! It's been a challenging adjustment going from one to two, as you can imagine. David is still working at St. David's School and I'm staying home full-time. I'd love to hear from you all if you get a chance. It would be great to catch up! ~Anna Ennis

June 10, 2008 at 2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home