McInnis Minute

Keeping all up to date on all things Ben & Becca and Caeden!

Saturday, August 23, 2008



On Friday night, I had one of the scariest experiences yet as a parent. I was babysitting and giving Caeden his bath. As usual, Caeden decided that he wanted to stand up and see what the tub spout was like in this new fun bathtub. In a matter of a split second, while standing at the spout, he lost his footing and went face first into the spout and then down into the water. Immediately he started crying hard. I scooped him up in a towel and held him close. After his crying subsided a little bit, I held him away from me to see if he had hurt himself. I saw blood in the corner of his eye, and the whole right side of his face was red, with a purple spot on his cheekbone. Of course, as if I was freaking out already, I freaked out when I saw the blood coming from his eye, not knowing exactly where the cut was, in or outside his eye. I immediately called my mom, knowing that she was the closest person to me as I was in Cary, she said she would be right there. After a few minutes I could tell that Caeden had a tiny cut on the corner of his eye (thankfully!) and it stopped bleeding fairly quickly. He was acting very normally, and when my mom got there, she said the same thing. I am so thankful that the Lord protected his little head and caused him not to be seriously harmed by the fall! It was extremely scary, but the Lord is teaching me through this and many other thins lately that Caeden's life is not in my hands, he is protecting him and watching over him always. Only He can sustain Caeden's life, and I am not in control of that. This is a hard thing for me to learn, as I would like to be able to control Caeden's safety, but I cannot ever protect him as well as God can and I need to leave it up to "Him who is able to do abundantly more than we could ever ask or imagine!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home